Sunday, February 01, 2009

Dawn photoshoot at Lysterfield Lake Park

I went for a dawn photoshoot this morning. Graham and I were out of the house by around 6am and at Lysterfield Lake Park just before 6.30am. There we met up with Dave and the two guys went off for an MTB ride whilst I walked the paths and took photos.

It was a bit eery at first - no-one else around and I felt totally alone but after about 20 mins I saw a guy walking and eventually saw other riders and walkers.

Below are some of the 100+ photos I took this morning.

The first shows the dawn just breaking.


The guys getting their gear on, ready to go riding.

I was only just out of the carpark when I saw my first kangaroo. The guys had told me they are easily found at dawn.
The sun is coming up over the hills now and starting to peak through the trees.
This kangaroo didn't seem shy at all and was quite happy to pose for me.
If you'd like to see more shots I have another 40 at my Facebook site. Click here to see them. If you live outside of Australia I'm sure you will really enjoy them.

If you choose to use any of my photos please do me the courtesy of crediting me as the photographer and you may link back to my site. My name is Kathie M. Thomas and I live in Melbourne, Australia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing your pics is like looking through National Geographic. You have a good eye for photography.

Seeing a kangaroo while on a walk? I can't imagine that! Are they dangerous?

The pics are so pretty. You and Graham are quite the early risers, aren't you? I've only been asleep a couple of hours by then.

Thomases said...

Yes, we're early risers most of the time. Hubby usually leaves for work at 6.45am on his bike Mon-Fri so getting up at 5.15am this morning wasn't too much of a shock.

Kangaroos can be dangerous - usually the real big ones. They can give a very mean kick and do real damage. But these are smaller and seem more scared of me than I am of them.

Glad you like the photos!

Parents Rule! said...

These are wonderful photos! Sometimes it is worth it to get up early in the morning.
Thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

You are quite the photographer. Your pictures are quite breath taking.

Debbie Stevens said...

Crikey Kathie, you are also great with a camera!! Woman is there anything you DON'T do?? lol

I really enjoyed each snap, thanks for going to the trouble of blogging them :)

Love Deb