Monday, February 23, 2009

More from Lysterfield

I did get back to Lysterfield on Sunday - feeling much better and got some more great pics. Had one of my daughters with me who had never been there before so it was great showing her around - and having her eyes seeing things I didn't!

By the way - do you like the new look of my blog? Playing with themes at the moment.



Don't know what this crested bird is but Christine noticed it in the brush and I managed to zoom in for a closer look.


This blue wren and its mate were fluttering from branch to branch. The female is the brown one.

A blue dragonfly on a piece of wood in the lake - they are pretty and fragile looking creatures.


Don't know what was going on but just as we were on the last path back to the kiosk a police helicopter flew overhead and not long after the park was swarming with police cars driving up and down the roads and checking out the carparks. We thought at first it was a fire and was wondering when they were going to announce it to everyone at the park but no warning was forthcoming. We eventually came to the decision they were hunting for something or someone and we decided it was time to go home, with the car doors locked so we didn't get any unwelcome visitors trying to get into the car as we left the park. A bit unnerving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those little blue wrens are so pretty Kathie. I like your new look blog - especially your picture!
Fiona

Betty Lynch said...

I love your photos Kathie, thank you for sharing your love of photography.