Saturday, February 14, 2009

Birdsland Reserve Belgrave & Lysterfield Lake Park

Today my husband and I went for a trip to Birdsland Reserve in Belgrave, Victoria. He's having a rest day because he has a 6 hour mountain bike race tomorrow and as it's Valentine's Day we thought we'd spend it together. He was happy following me around while I took lots of pics then we went to Trailmix at Lysterfield and had lunch. Some of his riding mates were there so I left him with them to catch up and I took more pics. This is just a small selection from the best of!


Kookaburra in a tree - love my zoom lense!



I thought at first I could see a lizard looking at me in a tree but closer inspection proved it was a fish. I wonder how it got there - near the lake in Birdsland Reserve, Belgrave


This Malamute did as its master told it - sit, pose and smile!



Catamarans and small yachts on the lake at Lysterfield.


Small bird near the birdhide in Lysterfield Park

5 comments:

Keemster said...

Just wandered onto your blog. Lovely photographs. The fish in the tree made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

These are some nice photographs. What breed of dog is that? I hope you get the chance to enter them into a contest.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Kathie M Thomas said...

It never occurred to me I'd be living in the Dandenongs less than a year after I took these photos. It's a beautiful area.