Saturday, February 21, 2009

In my own backyard

Well, front yard as well. I wasn't well this morning so couldn't go out with hubby up to the country so spent time practicing manual focus on closeups with my zoom. These are just some of the shots.



The two images above are the same moth from different angles and on different leaves. It was extremely small and I was excited I could see it clearly through my zoom lense.


Daisy in the front garden

This is a Bougainvillea which doesn't actually have a flower but it's more like coloured leaves. It is a creeper and is on our side fence in brilliant bloom at the moment. This link will give you an idea of what a whole bush can look like in full bloom.


Toki, enjoying the beautiful day - perfect it was actually, a shame I wasn't well enough to go out. Oh well, I enjoyed a relaxing day at home playing with my camera and computer.

4 comments:

Melodieann Whiteley said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. But then, I might not have been able to enjoy these beautiful photos. You are quite the photographer! Beautiful!

Ching Ya said...

I think it wasn't so bad. Get a chance to relax while taking some interesting snapshots. That's how I'd like my weekend to be. ^^

Take care, Kathie. Rest enough.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. The pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos and the flowers in your backyard are simply gorgeous! You, my friend, must have a super green thumb!