Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tawny Frog Mouth - lovely bird

I spent the day driving around the Belgrave (Victoria, Australia) area on Saturday. I have a real yearning to move back to the country and having my new camera would mean taking lots and lots of photos. I went to the birdsland sanctuary with my daughter and spent some time there and when I took her back to her home she showed me 3 Tawny Frogmouths that had set up residence in a tree in her driveway. Aren't they gorgeous?



Addendum to this post. It's now November 2009 and my husband and I shifted to a neighbouring town to Belgrave almost 3 weeks ago. We're loving it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Yep, you are having great fun with your camera. Cool to see the differences from one part of the world to another.

Anonymous said...

Kathie - this is the first time I've found your photo blog - great things cameras. They allow us to capture a moment in time and keep it forever.

Love the owls - but where did that name come from??

Thomases said...

My understanding PopArtDiva is that they are not owls. And you can read about them here at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawny_Frogmouth

They live in Australia and New Guinea.

Glad you like the photo.

Anonymous said...

I love these birds, Kathie. And you've really captured them.

Thanks heaps for the link. Best thing I've seen all day.

Great to meet you on Twitter, too. Best regards, P. :)

Thomases said...

You've prompted me to do something about tags Paul. And my main site is now at www.kathiesphotos.com - thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Kathie M Thomas said...

Yes, if you pop over to my new one at http://www.kathiesphotos.com you'll see regular daily posts with some hints and tips thrown in from time to time.