Friday, March 06, 2009

Braeside Park, Victoria

I went to Braeside Park which is about 10 mins drive from my home this afternoon and wandered around. It's been years since I visited this park and I had hoped there would be birdlife in the wetlands area but much of it has dried up and I saw very little near the water area. But I did see birds around the picnic grounds and just enjoyed the peace and quiet there. On the weekends it is usually filled with people picknicking and having barbeques.


Noisy Minor

This gum tree is shedding its bark.

A crested pigeon in a tree - I couldn't see the beautiful colours until
I viewed this close up on my computer.

Rainbow Lorikeet enjoying the flowering gum tree

The clouds looked spectacular and I love that I now have a decent camera to appreciate their images.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful...I LOVE birds, have feeders hanging out of our kitchen windows, and am enjoying looking at the wildlife on your blog, especially like the colors on the one bird pictured...I forget his name. Keep taking those pictures, they are wonderful!

Claudia

Betty Lynch said...

Beautiful pictures, thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Vicky said...

Your photos are beautiful. I just love the wildlife you have in Australia. Keep photographing and sharing.

Vicky