Friday, March 13, 2009

Canberra Botanical Gardens

On Saturday 7th March we visited the Botanical Gardens and had lunch there. It was a really beautiful day, quite perfect in fact, and Graham and Meredith wandered off into the distance catching up while I dawdled behind snapping to my heart's delight. Hope you like this selection!




The Sturt Pea (above) is the floral emblem for South Australia and it was nice to see it at the Canberra gardens.




A banksia flower (above)


Eastern Rosella



This lizard moved to hide in the shade but not before I managed to get a few shots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We share a love of nature. This is a remarkable photo of a bird I have never seen before.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kathie--

I always love looking at your photos but these are especially fabulous! What a treat for the eyes with all the bright colors and unusual critters. Thanks so much for sharing.

Betty Lynch said...

I just love your beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing.